Tuesday 17 July 2012

Getting back on the printing horse..

So I haven't done any new artwork since December 2010... i feel immensely guilty about this fact. I found printing with a bump too much for my back and gave up and though i'd be back printing a few months after Silas was born. How naive was I?! I had even had the most exciting offer of a solo exhibition with Nina Sagt Gallery in Dusseldorf, but the exhibition was meant to take place when I was heavily pregnant and so was put on hold. I think it might be too long a hold now, and I regret not being more pro-active and getting back on the printing horse sooner.


My website has been down for the last week, and I've finally got it back up and running. Looking through all my old work has reminded me that I do love printing, and I think I'm alright at it too! So as of August I'm going to try and get back to printing at Spike Print Studio and get back into making work. I'm thinking more pattern based work like one of my last prints I did for Snap Studio (which is sadly no longer open)... what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment